VA St. Louis Health Care System
VA is providing the Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccines, as authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Supply varies by facility. Get more information about COVID-19 vaccines at VA.
We are working to vaccinate as many eligible individuals as quickly as possible.
Easier access to vaccines and more people eligible
VA is adding walk-in COVID-19 vaccinations at all VA facilities and outpatient clinics that offer COVID-19 vaccines. Please check hours for vaccination clinics.
Congress has passed a law which allows us to offer COVID-19 vaccines to the following groups who are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine:
- Spouse of a Veteran
- Caregivers of a Veteran
- Recipients of Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) benefits
If you don't receive care at VA, we encourage you to pre-register online at least one hour before you go, to save time when you arrive. While at VA you will need to wear a face mask, and physical distancing measures will be in place. For more about vaccinations at VA, visit: www.va.gov/covidvaccine.
Note: Your employer, pharmacy, or local public health officials may offer you a COVID-19 vaccine. We encourage you to take the first opportunity you have to get a vaccine at the most convenient location for you.
In VA St. Louis Health Care System, COVID-19 vaccines are now available for Veterans at all outpatient clinics. The Grand Hall Chouteau mass vaccination site has now closed.
1. Which vaccines are available?
• Pfizer or Moderna vaccines will be available at all outpatient clinics.
2. What if a Veteran on Jefferson Barracks campus wants a vaccine?
• All clinics at JB in Building 55 can administer vaccines.
3. What if a Veteran is at John Cochran for a specialty appointment wants a vaccine?
• Veterans can receive a first dose of the vaccine at their specialty clinic appointment and can return to the same specialty clinic for their second dose.
4. If a Veteran is vaccinated while inpatient at John Cochran where do they go for their second dose?
• Veterans who receive their first dose of vaccine as an inpatient at John Cochran should return to the John Cochran Primary Care team C walk-in clinic for second doses.
- VA St. Louis Health Care System
Hours of Operation
By Appointment Only