VA St. Louis Health Care System
Recreation Therapy Staff (from Left to Right)
(click on the name to read a short bio on that individual)
Curt Baer¬†Temeisha Frazier¬†LeRoy Green¬†Diane Suter¬†Herman Lugge¬†Colleen Hopp¬†John Schmeink¬†Debbie Touchette¬†Jean Ferguson
Dee Schreiner, Matt Luitjohan
Our MISSION Statement: The mission of recreation therapy, a direct-care interdisciplinary service, is to improve and enrich bio-psycho-social functioning through active therapy and/or meaningful therapeutic activities to maintain or improve functional independence and life quality. The intended outcome of the service is independence in life activities based upon patient/resident needs and goals. Goals are achieved through state of the art clinical care, education, technology, and research within the scope of recreation/creative arts therapy service.
Our VISION Statement: To provide an activity based patient-centered service that integrates function, quality, and meaning to one's life.
Click on the links below for pictures of some of our recreational facilities located at the Jefferson Barracks Division of the VA St. Louis¬†Health Care System
- Swimming Pool - located in Bldg. 61¬†
- Gym - located in Bldg 63¬†
- Theater - located in Bldg. 61¬†Bowling Alley - located in Bldg. 61
- Billiards Area - located in Bldg 61; lobby area of the Theater¬†
Addional Information Links listed below:
- Click¬†for information about Gym¬†& Pool Hours of Operation*
- Click for a map of the Jefferson Barracks Division Grounds*
- Click for Weather Related Closure Information for JB Facilities¬†
- Click to go to our Calendar of Events
- Click for Links to Veteran Affairs National Events¬†
- Click for the BOOTS on the Green YouTube video**
*Documents are Adobe PDF format. Click to go to Adobe Acrobat Reader¬†to download the reader for free. The Adobe Acrobat Reader Link will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs Website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website.
**Links will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs website.¬† VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website.¬†
- Jefferson Barracks Bldg. 63 Room 113
Hours of Operation
- Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.