VA St. Louis Health Care System
VISN 15 Mission: Honor America's veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being.
Our Mission: To Honor Veterans Preferences at End of Life.
Palliative Care is aimed at helping our most ill of veterans and their families as they deal with the burdens of advanced illness. Our interdisciplinary team consist of physicians, nurse practitioners, psychologists, chaplains, and social services staff. All are trained to help with the symptoms of advanced illness. We strive to relieve psychosocial, spiritual, and physical burdens, and assist with the provision of VA and community resources. The St. Louis VA medical center provides Palliative Care Consultations to our veteran patients in the acute care setting, outpatient clinic, or within the Community Living Centers.
St. Louis VA Palliative Care services consists of the Acute Care Consultation Team within the John Cochran Medical Center and the Inpatient Hospice/Palliative Care unit at the Jefferson Barracks division. These services can be reached by contacting:
- Medical Director of the Palliative Care Service at (314) 652-4100 or 800-228-5459, ext 6-3016
- Palliative Care Coordinator at John Cochran can be reached at (314) 652-4100 or 800-228-5459 ext. 5-3012
- Palliative Care Coordinator at Jefferson Barracks can be reached at (314) 652-4100 or 800-228-5459 ext 6-3024
- The Hospice and Palliative Care inpatient unit at Jefferson Barracks can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (314) 894-6680
- Associate Chief of Nursing, Extended Care Division at Jefferson Barracks 314 652-4100 or 800-228-5459 ext 66616
- Nursing Supervisor, Hospice and Palliative Care unit at Jefferson Barracks (314) 652-4100 or 800-228-5459 ext 63761
John Cochran Division
Jefferson Barracks Division
- 314-652-4100 Ext. 53012 JC
- 314-652-4100 Ext. 64418 JB
Hours of Operation
- Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.