VA St. Louis Health Care System
Volunteer or Donate
VA St. Louis Health Care System extends a heartfelt thank you to our many benefactors and volunteers who enjoy giving something back to America's heroes.
Volunteers provide many important functions throughout our healthcare system and help make our patients' stay more enjoyable. Volunteers perform a number of services for our veterans ranging from driver to nursing aid to¬†caregiver support¬†volunteer. It is our job to match a volunteer's talents with one of our many assignments.
To volunteer, visit our¬†volunteer page or¬†contact¬†the VA St. Louis Health Care System Voluntary Service Office. We are happy to receive your application and discuss how you can help us accomplish our mission of providing comfort and care to America's veterans.
Download Volunteer Forms:
Cash donations are used for the comfort and welfare of our veteran patients, including:
- Hygiene products
- Refreshment supplies
- Cable television for spinal cord injury patients
- Recreational activities
Non-cash donations are used to make our patients' stay more enjoyable. Items accepted include:
- New undershirts, socks and underwear (Size M to 3XL)
- New clothing items and shoes: Blue jeans, long sleeve & short sleeve shirts, sneakers
- Personal hygiene products (deodorant, tooth brushes and toothpaste, razors, shave cream, etc.)
- Magazines (not more than three months old)
- Coffee, cookies and snacks (Coffee must be in unopened, in original store packaging. Cookies and snacks should be in single serving original store packaging)
When making a cash or non-cash donation, please fill out our¬†donation form* and return it to the Voluntary Service Office. If you have questions or need asistance with your donation, please¬†contact¬†the VA St. Louis Healthcare System Voluntary Service office.
*PDF document. If you do not have Adobe's Reader on your computer please go to¬†Adobe Acrobat Reader** to download the reader for free.¬†This link takes you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs Website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked websites. The link will open in a new window.