VA St. Louis Health Care System
Volunteer or Donate
VA St. Louis Health Care System extends a heartfelt thank you to our many benefactors and volunteers who enjoy giving something back to America's heroes.
Volunteers provide many important functions throughout our healthcare system and help make our patients' stay more enjoyable. Volunteers perform a number of services for our veterans ranging from driver to nursing aid to caregiver support volunteer. It is our job to match a volunteer's talents with one of our many assignments.
Unfortunately, with the COVID-19 Crisis we are not accepting any new volunteer applications at this time, please check back as this site will be updated when we begin taking applications again. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
Monetary donations are used for the comfort and welfare of our veteran patients and is the best way to donate during the COVID-19 Crisis.
- Items needed that Veteran’s families can’t bring them right now
- Music, internet or iPads for facetime communications
- Recreational games and activities
- Hygiene products
Non-cash donations are used to make our patients' stay more enjoyable. We are currently NOT ACCEPTING anything that is used. Items accepted include:
- New undershirts, socks and underwear (Size M to 3XL)
- New clothing items especially sweatpants and sweatshirts (Size L-3XL)
- New shower shoes
- Personal hygiene products (deodorant, toothbrushes and toothpaste, Chapstick, etc.)
- Facial tissue & hand sanitizer
- New puzzles, games and playing cards
When making a cash or non-cash donation, please fill out our donation form and return it to the Voluntary Service Office contact. If you have questions or need asistance with your donation, please email us at VHASTLVolunteer@va.gov
*PDF document. If you do not have Adobe's Reader on your computer please go to Adobe Acrobat Reader** to download the reader for free. This link takes you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs Website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked websites. The link will open in a new window.