VA St. Louis Health Care System
Health and Medical and Insurance
VA St. Louis Caregivers Support Program
Assistance for caregiversÂ dealing with health, medical, and insurance issues
Click on the name of the agency to be directed to their web site. (NOTE: Links marked with an asterisk * on this page will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs Website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website. The link will open in a new window.)
Veteranâ€™s Health Administration (VHA) Tel. 877-222-8387
- Serves the needs of Americaâ€™s veterans by providing primary care, specialized care, related medical and social support services.
CHAMPVA Tel. 800-733-8387
- A health benefits programs for beneficiaries (spouse or widow(er)) and children of a veteran who is rated permanently and totally disabled due to a service-connected disability, was permanently and totally disabled due to a service-connected disability at the time of death, or died of a service-connected disability or died on active duty.
- An online resource for finding and managing benefits-related information. You can apply for benefits, download a DD214, check the status of claims etc.
Medicare * Tel. 800-MEDICARE (633-4227)
Community Leaders Assisting the Insured of Missouri * (CLAIM) Tel. 800-390-3330
- CLAIM answers questions about Medicare for Missourians.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services * Tel. 312-353-1133 (Region 5: Chicago)/816-426-5925 (Region 7: Kansas City)
- Serves as the focal point for all national program policies and operations related to Medicaid and Childrenâ€™s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) * Tel. 800-538-9552
- Worldwide, computerized database of uniformed services members (sponsors), their family members, and other who are eligible for military benefits.
National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) * Tel. 816-842-3600(Central Office: Kansas City)
- Provides links and information on state department of insurance websites which can provide information on state risk pools.
National Association of State Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans (NASCHIP) * Tel. 608-441-5777
- Provides educational opportunities and information for state high risk insurance pools. View the website to locate states which have high risk pools.
Americaâ€™s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) * Tel. 202-778-3200
- A national association of health insurers which provides consumer information on a number of different health insurance plans.
Military OneSource/Wounded Warrior * Tel. 800-342-9647
- Provides service members who have become wounded, ill or injured, as well as their immediate families and their primary caregivers, with a single point of contact for assistance with reporting deficiencies in covered military facilities, obtaining health care services, receiving benefits information and any other difficulties encountered while supporting wounded warriors.
Midwest Special Needs Trust: Advanced Care Planning Tel. 573-882-3388
- Provides trust services for persons with disabilities.
St. Louis Peregrine Society * Tel. 314-781-6778
- Provides up to $150/month to cancer patients for prescription assistance on approved oral medications.